Coaches – IMPORTANT! Please read the following information
GSHC is currently scheduling field work at the following soccer fields. Please have patience with the scheduling and results during the following months:
Garcia Bend Park Soccer Fields 1, 2, 3 = minor field renovations including leveling the playing surfaces, aeration fertilization, and rodent control.
Sojourner Truth Park Soccer Fields 1, 2 = minor field renovations including weed abatement, fertilization, moving and anchoring the goals.
Caroline Wenzel School Soccer Field = minor field renovations including leveling the playing surface and rodent control.
Alice Birnery School Soccer Field = minor field renovations including leveling the playing surface, rodent control, and watering issues during on-site construction.
Parkway Oaks Park = installation and anchoring the Goals
Important Coaches Notes:
This year there will NOT be two scheduled Practice times. Teams may start practices anytime after 5pm and end at dusk each evening (except for at Lisbon School – see below).
Lisbon / Yav Pem Suab School Soccer Field = Do not start Practices until after 5:30pm to alleviate parking issues while parents pick their children up after school ends at 5:00pm. Do not enter or use the school property as a restroom as no restrooms are available for use. Do not bring animals to soccer practices or games. Pick up all trash during practices and games.
1. Refer to the Home Fields Assignment list for your team number. Find your team number in the Schedule.
2. U6 Teams are assigned to open grassy areas with no goals. All other age groups are assigned to fields with goals when available. Grassy areas can support multiple U6 teams. No team has any more right than another team to a specific location.
3. Teams are assigned two days a week to practice, with an effort to provide, but no guarantee, of one day on your Home Field.
4. Fields are scheduled for two Teams with each practicing on one-half the Field, each Team uses one Goal if available.
5. Practices may be held anytime from 5 p.m. to Dusk each day; but School activities have priority of use at all times at Schools.
6. Coaches wanting changes must work it out with other coaches, then contact Fields Coordinator for approval. Contact the Fields Coordinator to request a change to any open day (non-assigned) on the schedule. Game Schedule & Home Field assignments subject to change at any time by SYSL & GHSC.
7. Players and parents must pick up any litter after each game and practice. Coaches, players, & parents must be courteous of immediate neighborhoods & neighbors as loss of field use by your team will result (if caught speeding, blocking driveways, running over grass piles, using the fences or bushes as a restroom, etc.).
8. Please leave your animals (especially dogs) at home. Any animal at practices or games is a safety issue. GHSC does not condone bringing animals to soccer games and practices and will sanction your team with loss of field use or the game for incidents.
9. Coaches must call, before practice & games during the rain. City Parks Dept. “status of use” number is 277-2336 to find out if the fields have been closed. Parks Dept. will dictate whether games or practice can continue or not to prevent field damage & for player safety. Use of City School fields will follow the same “status of use” determination as the Parks Dept. Teams face loss of field use & financial assessments for field damages for playing on fields that have been closed by City Parks Dept.
10. All nets/flags must be returned immediately after the last game of the day or any cancelled game. Do not leave nets/flags on the field if there are no other teams playing after your game; return them to the Net Storage Volunteer for that field.
11. All rained out games (field closure) must be rescheduled unless the SYSL league cancels those games. Home Field coaches are responsible for rescheduling with the other team, and contacting Referee Coordinator to reschedule referees and fields.
12. Some Practice Fields will receive temporary goalposts, while other fields unfortunately may not have goalposts at all as the neighborhood associations in the area may not support the use of them. Field lines will be marked as needed.
13. If there is an issue (like sprinklers on or an altercation) at any of the City Parks during your practices or games, call the City Operator at 311 to have a City Parks Maintenance or Enforcement Officer come out to the field to assist you.
14. If there is an emergency at any of the Fields you can contact the Sacramento City Police Department at 732-0100 using a Cellular Phone. If you call 911 on your Cellular Phone it will only put you through to the Sacramento Highway patrol, which has no jurisdiction at the Parks or Schools. Non-emergency Police number is 264-5471.
15. GHSC does not provide restrooms. Parks may have on-site restrooms. School restrooms are not available or open for use. Advise parents & players to plan accordingly for practices & games. Do not allow anyone to use fences, bushes, school buildings or hallways as a restroom. Loss of field use by your team will result if school personnel or neighbors report incidents.
16. Contact Fields Coordinator for field issues: large holes, broken sprinklers, flooded areas, long grass, dry grass, field line markings are not visible, goals in need of repair, dangerous conditions, etc.
Always check your soccer field before practice and cone off areas that may be a safety issue. Report any safety issue to the Fields Coordinator.
Please click here to view the Practice Schedule